• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adamantine weapons?

Xar666

First Post
Adamantine Battleaxe: This nonmagical axe is made out of adamantine, giving it a natural +2 enhancement bonus.

Adamantine Dagger: This nonmagical dagger is made out of adamantine, giving it a natural +1 enhancement bonus.

1. These are the only adamantine weapons I have found in the DMG. Are there anymore? Can you create other adamantine weapons? What are the market price values for adamantine weapons? What dictates the amount of enhancement the adamantine adds?

2. What would be the reason for choosing a Adamantine Battleaxe instead of a Battleaxe +2?

I have the same questions about Mithral shirts. I see those listed but I have read here about Mithral Fullplate, etc. Where are the rules for creating Mithral/Adamantine armors?

Thanks.

Macbrea

First Post
You will find the rules for creating other items out of Admantine in the DMG. In the item creation section. There is alot of heated debate at the moment over wether Admantine should be able to by pass DR and break magic weapons.

I would say no to the first question and yes to the second question. But that is my opinion only.

The real use of admantine is so that you can do the following.

Admantine greatsword, +1 vorpal speed

Which is a

Greatsword
+1 enhancement bonus (not used because of the other enhancement bonus)
natural +2 enhancement bonus
Vorpal
Speed

For +10 bonus.

Otterscrubber

First Post
Adamantine is a material not a magical item. You might want an adamantine battleaxe over a +2 battle axe in case you were heading into a non-magical zone or expect to be fighting in some sort of anti magic area.

What dictates the enhancement bonus is basically the size of the weapon you are making. It does state this in the DMG on the same page I beleive that it list adamantine, along with mithral, darkwood and some other materials as well.

jontherev

First Post
Xar666 said:
Adamantine Battleaxe: This nonmagical axe is made out of adamantine, giving it a natural +2 enhancement bonus.

Adamantine Dagger: This nonmagical dagger is made out of adamantine, giving it a natural +1 enhancement bonus.

1. These are the only adamantine weapons I have found in the DMG. Are there anymore? Can you create other adamantine weapons? What are the market price values for adamantine weapons? What dictates the amount of enhancement the adamantine adds?

2. What would be the reason for choosing a Adamantine Battleaxe instead of a Battleaxe +2?

I have the same questions about Mithral shirts. I see those listed but I have read here about Mithral Fullplate, etc. Where are the rules for creating Mithral/Adamantine armors?

Thanks.

2. Because they are nearly impossible to sunder and the natural enhancement bonus works in antimagic fields. Also, they are just plain cool.:D

Remove ads