• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

littlejohn's fantasy art (Updated 6/12/03)

littlejohn

First Post
Hey all,

Here are some of my recent illustrations. Please feel free to post a comment or request.

I'd also like to say thanks to all the DMs and players that inspired many of these pieces. Please keep playing!

- David

Last edited:

Eric Lofgren

First Post
Beautiful stuff

I went and had a look at your website, David. Awesome work! You have an exquisite painterly style. Very nice, very nice indeed.

Eric Lofgren

littlejohn

First Post
Morningstar

Here's the first piece. Morningstar, Shield of Ell from Sagiro's story hour.

morningstar.jpg

Darraketh

First Post
Very nice. I have to agree with Eric on the painterly style. It's amazing that they are all digital with the exception of the hotel but they all have the look of an oil.

Would you care to give us a little insight as to your technique? Perhaps a bit of a bio too.:)

Thanks for sharing your work!

littlejohn

First Post
Darraketh & Eric: Thanks for the comments.

A little bio: I guess I'm currently an aspiring illustrator. I used to be an internet designer and before that I worked on a couple of unpublished video games. I'm from California and I have an architecture degree from UC Berkeley.

A little technique: I usually start with a pencil sketch on copy paper. Then I bring it into Photoshop or Painter and work on the composition and silhouette. Next I usually do a monochromatic under-painting. Then I just paint. ;)

Seriously, I'm no expert, but I'd be more than happy to do a more formal step-by-step if anyone is interested.

Enough about me; here's my take on Valendo from Piratecat's story hour.

valendo.jpg

This art is superb! Wonderful style to it.
This is exactly how DnD art should be.

Although I've always imagined Velendo as slightly different to that (being my favourite character and all - I'll never get over that use of the Miracle in one of the latest sessions).

Spider.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads