[Competition] War of the Burning Sky Map

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The competition: design a pretty, colour map of the War of the Burning Sky campaign region. You can see the basic black and white version here.

Edit: We've put a coloured version of the same thing up there in place of the b/w version. It doesn't affect the competition, but includes a few necessary details which weren't present on the old b/w version. That's a Player's Version - you can see the DM version of the same thing here (more detail).

I'm looking forward to seeing the entries!

The prize:

Winner: free subscription to the entire WotBS campaign saga, and publication of your map which will be available (for free) with all credit. If you already have a subscription, the price will be refunded to you. Plus $100 of RPGNow credit to use as you wish. The winning map will be the official WotBS campaign map, and will be featured in various products (with credit).*

Two runners-up: a free subscription to the entire WotBS campaign saga, and publication of your map which will be available (for free) with all credit. If you already have a subscription, the price will be refunded to you.

The deadline: one week from today. That's Sunday 4th February.

All entries will be available online for players and GMs to download. Please do not enter if you don't agree to this!

How to enter: either attach your map in this thread or post a link to it.

Feel free to embellish and add. This could either help or hinder your chances - it's a gamble!

Good luck, and enjoy!

*Entering the competition gives EN Publishing permission to use your winning map for profit in WotBS products. Credit will be attributed. You will be free to use your map elsewhere (your own website, portfolio, etc.)

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
ToddSchumacher said:
So people are free to put mountains rivers deserts and swamp wherever they want or is there directions on that somewhere?

The map's fairly bare, so characterisation (and maybe some mysterious place names and stuff) are fine. Feel free to check out the (free) Player's Guide and Campaign Guide to make sure you don't do anything too silly (like stick a glacier in a desert or anything). Links to download these are on the WotBS page:

http://www.enworld.org/index.php?page=burningsky

Things like the important mountain range (in between the two major nations, crossed by Gate Pass), obviously, need to feature. Feel free to enlarge it so you can zoom on more detail if you want to. Probably a quick read of the free material is going to be necessary to make sure what you do fits in OK.

Actually, it does take a bit of work, so I'm extending the competition - I'm increasing the main prize and offering two runner-up places. I've edited the initial post to reflect this.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Vradna said:
Does it matter if it is hand drawn or from a map program -say- CC3?

Doesn't matter, as long as the EULA of any software you use doesn't put any restrictions on use of the output.

hong

WotC's bitch
Just to be clear, is the grey area on the map supposed to be ocean, while the white part above the Ragesian Empire is land?

TogaMario

First Post
Nah, I'm confused too :) I'm working on one currently, but is that the general layout? Or the final chosen map? Or just an entry?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yep, we threw a coloured version of the same thing up there. It doesn't affect the competition, but includes a few necessary details which weren't present on the old b/w version. That's a Player's Version - you can see the DM version of the same thing here (more detail).

I'm looking forward to seeing the entries!

Remove ads