Catastrophe!

"Looks like you've got just about enough there to cover the materials for a basic magical enchantment," Sha'kar says, looking into the bag of coins, neglecting to mention that the half-orc is actually slightly short of the true cost, but not worried as he has money to spare at the moment. "Let's see if Caladis has somewhere quiet I can use to perform the ritual, it'll take about an hour."
OOC: Ignatz just "paying" me a bit later as thanks works fine for me to make up the difference in cost. And looking at the ritual, the way it looks to me is that it costs the normal price of the magical item to do an enchant from a mundane item, costs the differnece in price to upgrade an already magic item to a higher level of the same enchantment, that might be something for the DM/judge to speak up on.

OOC: Sounds right to me. His normal Hide armor can be sold for the normal 20% return value, and then he can pay the 360 gold for the +1 Magic Hide Armor.

On a separate note, I have added a wealth section to my first post (on page 1). Please check my math on your current wealth level and make sure that the links to the treasure given go to the appropriate post (showing the item you selected), then let me know if there are any corrections to be made.

After the adventurer's have had a chance to better equip themselves for the task at hand, now it was time for Cadalis to wish them good luck and send them on their way.

"Unfortunately, I will need to stay here with the ship. I found a dweomer on the ship last night that seems to have programmed the ship to return to my father in the case that it is stolen. If I'm not here to keep the enchantment down, you fine fellows and lasses won't have a ship to bear you home (and neither would I for that matter). So I apologize that I will not be able to join you on your grand journey."

Cadalis smiles at the group and then looks at the deva.

"Dina, you seem to be one who likes to document the goings on around you. If you would be so kind as to do so during your journey, I would love to read about your trip upon your return. Fare you well, and good luck!"

Once the adventurers are all loaded into the rowboat, it is lowered into the water. The task of retrieving the Dragon's Whisper was now in the hands of the six adventurers.

VanderLegion

First Post
After everyone has climbed down into the boat and gotten settled, Sha'kar casually waves a hand at the oars, which begin to row by themselves, moving the boat and the adventurers toward the shore.

OOC: Assuming this is okay with you CrimsonFlameWielder. I can always retcon the post to something else otherwise, figured its a fun roleplay, what good is it to be an enchanter if you can't have any fun with it :)

OOC: I love it :) As long as it wouldn't mechanically effect anything in the game, I'm all for pushing the envelope on what the game "says" you can do. Feel free to blur the lines and have fun with your characters, after all, that's what we're all here for, right!?

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: I love it :) As long as it wouldn't mechanically effect anything in the game, I'm all for pushing the envelope on what the game "says" you can do. Feel free to blur the lines and have fun with your characters, after all, that's what we're all here for, right!?

OOC: Great :). That's how I looked at it, but that's always up to the DM, so didn't hurt to make sure.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Dina takes the ring that Ignatz tossed to her and slips it over her finger.

As they step into the rowboat, the deva smiles in response to Cadalis' request.

"Of course, I shall share the knowledge I have gained from our expedition. I just hope you don't expect an epic poem as a bard would tell it. My writing style has been described as dry. But then, I tend to focus only on the facts."

While Sha'kar concentrates on rowing the boat, Dina examines the ring to see if she can gain a deeper understanding of its power.

Dina can see several symbols engraved in the surface of the ring that come from the divination school of magics, but what their exact meanings were, when strung together in that particular pattern was unknown to her. What she did know, however, is that as soon as she put the ring on, she felt an ever-so-gentle pull from the ring in the direction of the island. It wasn't enough to give her any definitive angle to point herself in, but it let its presence be known to her.

Remove ads