• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Malware from the ads?

ichabod

Legned
Then you should see if your router goes to some well know DNS server. Some attackers enter the router and modify it to inject malware on some pages. Rare, but not impossible
Isn't that what I just did? You said to check my router, you said to do that with 'ipconfig /all', and that got AsusRouter.com. There is no other DNS entry listed when I do 'ipconfig /all'.

Alby87

Adventurer
Isn't that what I just did? You said to check my router, you said to do that with 'ipconfig /all', and that got AsusRouter.com. There is no other DNS entry listed when I do 'ipconfig /all'.
No, I'll explain better: your DNS in your system is pointing to the one in your router (because is a 192.168.xxx.xxx address). Then the next step is the one inside your router, and for that you need to enter in configuration page of your router, but you should check in internet the right procedure because I don't know your model

Alby87

Adventurer
I use the following site to see if there’s anything weird with my DNS. It’ll tell you which DNS servers reply to your queries. It’s more accurate than checking your computer’s or your router’s settings because DNS requests can be redirected to other servers since it’s normally unencrypted.

Wow, didn't know it! Nice, really nice!

Remove ads