• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
They're building a factory to make batteries for electric cars a few miles from my home. An acquaintance said he spoke to one of the construction workers; that worker opined that the factory would be open for a year then close. His evidence being, not enough demand.

I'd think the fact it's being built is evidence of demand. What I don't understand is why the negative reaction to electric vehicles. They jump on negative news. They seem to take joy in it all.
Another acquaintance complained about not being able to work on them. He claims there are laws allowing people to work on gas powered cars. I'm not so sure about that.
I suspect gas cars were just as vilified when they first came on the scene. I even mentioned that gas stations were not so widely available at the time. Just like now, only those that could afford them bought them. Electric vehicles will become better and more efficient and more affordable in time.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
There was a jeer that got directed at early car owners having difficulties - “Get a horse!”

I suspect you’re correct in that the factory is being built in anticipation of need. Especially when you look at some of the industry trends and legislation that’s progressing through the legislations of American states and foreign countries.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Right wing media like Faux News loved the stories about EVs in the cold. It's being addressed. Nothing is perfect.
This is a fascinating read.

One of my biggest pet peeves is how noisy and smelly gas powered cars can be. Then you get one of those a-holes that "modifies" their car to be more noisy and smelly. It's my dream that the day comes I don't have to hear or smell your vehicle. The rumbling, sputtering, back firing will be a distant memory.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Right wing media like Faux News loved the stories about EVs in the cold. It's being addressed. Nothing is perfect.
This is a fascinating read.

One of my biggest pet peeves is how noisy and smelly gas powered cars can be. Then you get one of those a-holes that "modifies" their car to be more noisy and smelly. It's my dream that the day comes I don't have to hear or smell your vehicle. The rumbling, sputtering, back firing will be a distant memory.
“Rolling Coal” is already illegal in some states, but not enough. And the penalties for doing so are woefully inadequate, IMHO.

Remove ads