• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cookin again

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I might be tempted to make a Meyer lemon infused simple syrup for drinks and dessert glazes.
I make a tart lemon syrup that I keep in a squeeze bottle in the fridge. Squirt a few tablespoons over ice, maybe add a splash of gin (or don't), and fill it with club soda. Or stir a bit into my iced tea. Or drizzle it over vanilla ice cream or a toasted slice of pound cake. Or...

CleverLemon Syrup
1 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
1 cup cane sugar
2-3 big slices of fresh ginger (optional)

Combine all ingredients in a medium, non-reactive saucepan. Heat slowly while stirring constantly, just until the sugar dissolves (don't boil it if you can help it). Cover and let it cool to room temperature. Strain into a 16-ounce squeeze bottle, and keep refrigerated. Makes 8-10 servings.

The ginger is optional, but highly recommended. Gives it a bit of a ginger ale vibe.

Reynard

Legend
Not mine, my son's, who is home from his junior year of culinary.
20240513_183627.jpg

Jahydin

Hero
Ditto…except for my *#%^%%^#ing carbon-steel pan! It’s CURSED! (But I love it.)
I constantly buy ginger and green onions. Whatever is left over a couple weeks later I cut up and "sacrifice" to the wok by cutting them up (green onion in 1/3, ginger in slices) and sauteing them in oil over medium heat until they're completely charred, paying attention to press against the sides.

This regimen has kept my carbon-steel wok pretty non-stick and allows me to rinse it out with water + soft sponge pretty easily.

Jahydin

Hero
Just made Brazilian "Lemonade" (actually limes) this weekend, pretty tasty.

For the adventurous:
4 limes, split 3x (so 1/8s), peel and all
1 can (7 oz.) condensed milk
1/3 cup sugar
4 cups of water
4 cups of ice

Blend everything but the ice on a low-ish setting (don't want to blend that peel up too much)
Pour through sieve into a container, toss leftover peel bits
Combine the sieved liquid with ice and blend again
Done!

I'm sure this would be just as good with lemons!

Remove ads