• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Which Gods/Pantheons do you use in your D&D setting?

GrimCo

Adventurer
I have couple variants, depending on what homebrew i run.

For my ravenloft inspired grim world - there are no real gods. There is organised religion based on orhodox christianity, just called The faith and God. Divine magic is just magic, same as arcane. They just use prayer like meditations to aquare and chanel it.

For my other homebrew, i have old testament christian God. Venegance, fire and brimstone kind. And thats best humanity has. Only other real god is lovecraftian Outer God, worshiped by cultists. Prayers of the faithful are fuel for divine magic that gods use to create soldiers in neverending war. Think Blood wars from FR.

Zeromaru X

Arkhosian scholar and coffee lover
I tend to either use a slightly modified 4e "Dawn War/Nentir Vale" pantheon or one of my own creation.

I do the same. Which kind of gods do you add to your Dawn War pantheon?

I usually use some minor gods from other 4e products, such as adding Waukeen (from the FR guide) as a goddess of commerce and wealth, as a servant of Erathis. Among others.

Konrad13

Explorer
I do the same. Which kind of gods do you add to your Dawn War pantheon?

I usually use some minor gods from other 4e products, such as adding Waukeen (from the FR guide) as a goddess of commerce and wealth, as a servant of Erathis. Among others.
I add a few from different pantheons like the Silver Flame but usually only a case by case basis if/when a player has a good idea for it. Also, love the work you did for trying to collate the 4e lore and stuff.

Remove ads