• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Vecna: Eve of Ruin's Table of Contents Leaked (Spoilers!)

The full table of contents leaked by YouTuber 'Gamemasters'.

Check out Vecna: Eve of Ruin's full table of contents! Warning--spoilers are to be found below! YouTuber 'GameMasters' posted this leak in a video earlier today (you can see the video below the contents image), saying that the image was sent to him via email, but is not disclosing the identity of the sender.

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 23.40.47.png

hulahn

Villager
Looks like a whole lot of recycled material.
I agree about them cheaping out, but moreso because they keep re-using the same material over and over.

As to the comment of Greyhawk vs. Forgotten Realms, you can actually see the things in FR that TSR/WotC poached from GH and re-skinned for the Realms. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of distinctly flavorful things about the Realms, but also plenty of things they ported over from Greyhawk so they could fill things in a hurry as they rushed to move on from Gygax... I only wish FR had been more of its own distinct thing, so we'd have two completely unique worlds to play with.

Something this big should have been a super-mega adventure like 350-400 pages. This looks very "rushed" through. Some of these sections are only a handful of pages.

Of course, being nothing but pure cheapskates with their products since 5E began, not surprised. Too worried people won't pay for such a book rather than just being confident in their work and selling a book of that size and seeing the results be very positive.

You must have very large hands then. Most of the chapters are 16 - 20 pages long. The only one under 10 pages (Chapter 9) looks to be mainly plot-driven.

Superchunk77

Adventurer
The old school crowd wouldn’t be expecting much from WotC on Greyhawk - they don’t want changes to the setting by and large, and if they still use the setting, it’s probably with one of the OSR rule sets or an older version of D&D. But WotC likes to mine its history and re-spin it for players who don’t have that same sense of history, so Greyhawk is viable. It’s been years since they’ve touched it but there are so many characters and adventures set there that I can see them slicing off part of it and focusing a few adventures there. They updated Bigby, Tasha, Mordenkainen. WotC also doesn’t seem to really be concerned about whether older fans like what they do with settings. Dragonlance, Spelljammer and Planescape all saw new stuff but I don’t hear anyone say it really resonated for them. I think the only setting that got an update where I truly heard a number of people thumbs up the changes was Ravenloft, and even then there was a vocal minority who weren’t happy because it changed their canon.
I can agree with most of your presumptions. I know the Dark Sun community breathed a collective sigh of relief when WotC revealed they wouldn't be revisiting Athas.

Remove ads

Remove ads