• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Autumnal

Bruce Baugh, Writer of Fortune
This is me reminding myself that when there someone who usually posts a mix of stuff I don’t care about and stuff I like, but who infuriates and discourages me on any regular basis..it’s not just okay for me to block that person, it’s often an actively good idea. The difference between half a dozen bouts of being irritated and discouraged in a week versus none can be the difference between the energy and mood for a solo RPG session that week and none, or reading an RPG book and not, or getting a walk and not.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
This is me reminding myself that when there someone who usually posts a mix of stuff I don’t care about and stuff I like, but who infuriates and discourages me on any regular basis..it’s not just okay for me to block that person, it’s often an actively good idea. The difference between half a dozen bouts of being irritated and discouraged in a week versus none can be the difference between the energy and mood for a solo RPG session that week and none, or reading an RPG book and not, or getting a walk and not.
Most of the time, arguments about gaming accomplish nothing more for me than wrecking my mood in a way that makes me useless for gaming. I have learned this, and I make an effort to avoid arguments (though I sometimes fail).

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
It's true. We don't have unlimited energy, or unlimited time...and some things just aren't worth either.

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Dude, nothing about being a noob. I am right there with you. If a point cannot be made without ten thousand acronyms, perhaps some thought should be given to clarity.
Neither of you are wrong, but there's part of me that thinks it's worth just asking if you're curious or can't follow something (and you care to ask). One of the advantages of asynchronous communication is that you can ask without interrupting. And you might also be doing other posters or even lurkers a solid.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Engineers are known for their over-use of acronyms, and one of my professors was bent on stamping out the practice forever. If you used acronyms, you had best define them the first time you used them or he would dock you a full letter grade for each one. We got PDG (pretty damned good) at defining our TLAs (three-letter acronyms).

Remove ads