• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

From the Warhammer 40k setting, Slaanesh lord of Hedonism

ruemere

Adventurer
Warhammer Chaos alignment does not really match D&D alignments.

First, Warhammer Chaos is about an intrusion from immanently hostile and immanently incompatible far realm. Serving Chaos means gradual descent to physical and mental abyss of otherness.
Four great powers of Chaos represent certain correlations to human traits, however they merely weaponize them for the purpose of their recruitment drive.

That's why ultimately Chaos worshippers are separate, different and not really the same as worshippers of normal gods. A Bhaalite may be a brutal murderer but their evil is humane evil. A Slaaneshite evil is closer to that of Cthulhu cultist... with high probability of physical changes.

Obly99

Hero
Warhammer Chaos alignment does not really match D&D alignments.

First, Warhammer Chaos is about an intrusion from immanently hostile and immanently incompatible far realm. Serving Chaos means gradual descent to physical and mental abyss of otherness.
Four great powers of Chaos represent certain correlations to human traits, however they merely weaponize them for the purpose of their recruitment drive.

That's why ultimately Chaos worshippers are separate, different and not really the same as worshippers of normal gods. A Bhaalite may be a brutal murderer but their evil is humane evil. A Slaaneshite evil is closer to that of Cthulhu cultist... with high probability of physical changes.
I know. This was one of my first jobs and I wasn't very experienced at the time. If I were to do it again now I wouldn't limit myself to giving him class levels but I would go with a monster with unique abilities related to seduction, hedonism, and excess.
As for the alignment, the WH40K Chaos does not fit into the classic 9 alignments but we do what we can. For example, monsters from the Cthulhu Mythos have been characterized as chaotically aligned in official materials (Cthulhu, Yog-Sothoth) simply because you couldn't do better with what you have.

Remove ads