• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E D&D Beyond: No More À La Carte Purchases But US Customers Can Buy Physical Books

Plus UI changes and more product information in listings.

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 17.52.09.png

WotC has announced some changes to D&D Beyond's marketplace. These include physical products (for US customers), the removal of à la carte purchases, and various navigational changes.

You can no longer buy individual feats, subclasses, etc. -- you'll need to buy the whole book. The full list of changes includes:
  • US shoppers can now buy physical books
  • More info on product listings, including previews
  • UI improvements to makee finding your purchased content and redeeming keys easier
  • No more à la carte purchases (though your previous ones still count)

He also never corrected suggesting that the "quotes" were authentic, when in fact they were created by generative AI with all of the potential for hallucinations -- notably, if you ask gen AI what the ten most popular shows on TV in the US are it gives you a list of the ten shows people talk about the most, not the most viewed.
That's a non-issue. It should be trivial to check that the AI modified quotes have the same meaning as the originals before publishing them. It's a clever way to protect your sources, something I'm sure we'll see done a lot in the coming years!

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Another change is that the cart used to be persistent, while now it expires after a short while (I'm not sure but it's probably after a day or so).

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
TBH, thst sounds much better from an information security point of view?
Why would that be better for security? My Amazon cart never expires and it doesn't cause any problems. The DDB cart had only stuff that you might want to buy. No personal or financial information

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
That's a non-issue. It should be trivial to check that the AI modified quotes have the same meaning as the originals before publishing them. It's a clever way to protect your sources, something I'm sure we'll see done a lot in the coming years!
it is absolutely, 100% unethical to claim that someone said words they never said

it is not clever.

it is a deceitful lie

Remove ads

Remove ads