• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What does divine/cosmic/transcendental effect actually look like when used?

I figured it looks like what ever the deity feels like, since the divine blast ability (which it's based off) works that way.

Well I guess the short answer is pick your favourite anime/comic/video-game energy burst.

The best drawn blast I can think of is the One-Punch Man Gamma Ray Burst. For those who want to do a Google image search.

Hey Veritasinpersonam! :)

Hah, how would you model One-Punch Man's absurd feats in IH?

I would have said you already can use the IH to model OPM feats.

Saitama is a Greater God (I won't spoil why that is, for those not following the fan theory about who all the characters in OPM are). Although obviously the manga doesn't conform with D&D power levels for such things.

He does sneeze and blow most of Jupiter's surface off its core, which I think is something beyond a Greater God and more akin to a Neutronium Golem (and of course that is still not him at full power). But I think I only have those golems around Divine Rank 11 (of 30).

While its one of my favourites, I don't think its at the top in terms of power. I think it might be trickier modelling some of the feats in Bobobo or Chowder. But hopefully I can duplicate every possibility for the new 5E book.

Remove ads