• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My Epic character's adventures.

Mr.Satan

First Post
Since it was requested, I'll be keeping track of my character's progress on here for those that have found it interesting.

For those that don't know, he's a daelkyr greater deity of chaos, death, evil, fear, and madness that has taken a bizarre interest in mortals, primarily because they're so alien to him.

His current main squeeze is a human barbarian woman of exceptional physical perfection for a mortal (he's rather picky).

He tends to take an antihero stance, but sometimes he gives into his darker more corrupt nature and torments the very same individuals he'd save in his more noble moments.

His primary hangup is bullies. He hates them. Even though he is one. He's quite the hypocrite.

Update: My character's captain's spelljammer (whale ship) crashed into the mountains of an earth-like planet. Everyone but himself and one other died in the crash.

His woman sacrificed herself to save a crew member, because although she's chaotic evil he taught her the value of loyalty to one's family and friends (even if they don't like your evil ways).

He cremated the remnants of his captain, his woman, and the crew, and parted ways with the surviving crew member.

After being adopted by a clan of barbarians (he has a thing about belonging to a group) he used his power to assist the clan leader in becoming high king of the area.

He then helped ally them with stone giants and all manner of nagas after assisting them in their construction of a city carved into the side of a mountain.

Then, annoyed by monotheism being so widespread, he destroyed most of the world by casting epic spells of various sorts and attacked fault lines in order to cause the continents to collide.

They merged into one supercontinent and much of the world was in ruins from the earthquakes and giant tsunamis that were created by the cataclysm.

As part of an agreement that he stop doing this, the gods unleashed all the titans and abominations back into the world (for my character was the greater of the two evils).

Then, my character decided to sleep for a thousand years (he does that periodically) and let the world recover from the carnage.

The gods, content with this, but still annoyed, set about establishing their various temples while my character slept.

The various religions all see my character as an enemy. The abominations and titans typically see him as an ally and some of them even guard his hidden resting place.

Evil chaos gods find the whole affair amusing and seek his hidden resting place so they can wake him up and watch him kill the world again.

What they don't realize is that it wasn't the world he had a problem with, it was the monotheism that was spreading like a plague of stupid across the lands.

If they wake him up, he's far more likely to turn on them and revert to the antihero role. His portfolios are Chaos, Death, Evil, Fear, and Madness.

Last edited:

Interesting stuff, although I think the old saying "you can measure the greatness of a man by how powerful his enemies are"...or words to that effect.

What your character needs are some great enemies. :)

Mr.Satan

First Post
He's got plenty of enemies (mundane, divine, and cosmic). Most recently, he's had to deal with the repercussions of all those divinities he's made angry. He ended up making a tactical retreat...through time. This of course might irritate some more powerful inevitables unless he remains in seclusion again.

Most divinities believe him to be a coward, not realizing he's in truth just a strategist that lashes out, then slips away before they can properly retaliate. He's wise enough to avoid anyone that's figured out what he's really like and ensures that he lashes out just as a divinity is about to come under attack from someone else for a completely unrelated reason.

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe my DM is preparing something unpleasant for him. Currently a First One has it out for him, and my character may just run out of aces against a nemesis like that. His current build allows him to go toe to toe with your average first one that hasn't been optimized. An optimized Elder One or greater should be able to wipe the walls with him.

As you can probably guess, most of his power doesn't come from him being a divinity, although it certainly helps. He's also managed to snag the attention of a few weaker Eternals. They're debating about whether or not to destroy him, use him, or ignore him. For now, they've taken the wait a see approach and occasionally an Eternals aspect tests him.

They view him with the same kind of fascination a kid with a microscope might view a microbe. He's just hoping they don't sanitize the slide.

Remove ads