• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E A playthrough of The Shattered Obelisk (spoilers)

Not to hijack your thread @MerricB but I just wanted to give my update instead of making another thread.

My group just finished up Zorzulas Rest and defeated Ruxithid. It was fun "boss" fight. At the end when the reveal happens I sprinkled in some Vecna seasoning to hopefully tie into the new Vecna adventure. We shall see though. Overall we are having fun.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Not to hijack your thread @MerricB but I just wanted to give my update instead of making another thread.

My group just finished up Zorzulas Rest and defeated Ruxithid. It was fun "boss" fight. At the end when the reveal happens I sprinkled in some Vecna seasoning to hopefully tie into the new Vecna adventure. We shall see though. Overall we are having fun.
No, go for it! :)

Shattered Obelisk is weird. I like many things about it, but it also feels less than it should be.

Rabbitbait

Grog-nerd
No, go for it! :)

Shattered Obelisk is weird. I like many things about it, but it also feels less than it should be.

I wonder if it only feels less than it should be for DMs. I had that feeling too, but my players are loving it. Gaming again tonight after two weeks away and the weirdness has arrived at Phandalin.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I wonder if it only feels less than it should be for DMs. I had that feeling too, but my players are loving it. Gaming again tonight after two weeks away and the weirdness has arrived at Phandalin.
There are some weird editing errors, but as with Hoard of the Dragon Queen experience in actiluql.play is going to be a different story.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
The Briny Maze really made my players wonder what was going on with the adventure.

Remove ads