• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The ENWorld Electric Bard Gear (Etc) Thread

R_J_K75

Legend
Some kindly words of advice. But first a little background, I like GraphTech Ratio Locking tuners on my guitars and have developed an affinity for Telecasters, Fender and Squier.

Don't take this as gospel but a few things I've learned and got screwed by as a result. Ratios will not work on either as the headstock holes usually need to be reamed out larger, time to find a reputable luthier, or trust your own hand. I don't. As some Fender and Squier both have a hex nut on the front side of the headstock you'd think they would fit but nope, they both use a tuner that have nubbins instead of screws on the backside of the headstock. Fender locking tuners will work on a Fender but they will not work on a Squier and vice versa as the nubbin holes in the headstock are placed about a mm off, so again try your own hand or find a luthier.

Now with the "Traditional" split post machine heads I found and used them in both Fender and Squier that these usually fit but you have to pound out the original ferrules and pound in new ones, I've done it, not too hard. But knocked out a nut and had to hide glue it back in then restring it. These aren't bad.

I'm writing this because I got a set of Ratios that the plastic on them was broken that keeps the packaging closed. They aren't returnable if opened, so I emailed them explaining the situation and they're supposedly sending me a $25 gift certificate. Amateur guitar work isn't easy, pickguards, bridges, machine heads, necks, etc. don't fit as you'd think and sometimes no matter how much research you do it's not enough.

Remove ads