• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Elissar/To Save A Kingdom "Missing" Map collection for TSAK

Selganor

Adventurer
Recently there was some talk on the discord that TSAK didn't have all the "required" maps.

Since the campaign has been out for a while now, how about we share what we got for our groups?

If someone is looking for some specific map that hasn't been done yet, maybe we can help creating such maps (I'm still looking to get more familiar with Dungeon Alchemist)

I'll try to compile the links to the done maps in this posting as well of the "missing" stuff.

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
For To Slay a Dragon, I sourced a lot of maps but I can't just post them here because mostly they are not free. However, I can tell you what I've used thus far and where I found them:

Act 1
For the "On Safari" quest, I used "Forest of Fallen Giants" from Black Scrolls Games, which I purchased here: Forest of Fallen Giants for the part where they're searching for the flowers. For the chimera lair part, I found a map of Wyvern Tor (from Lost Mine of Phandelver) on Reddit by a user named r/Dentaer. Since I wanted to use it for the actual play, I reached out to him and got his permission to use it for free.

For home games, I'm sure he'd be fine with folks just using it. I modified it in Roll20 to cut off the right side of the map, which I found unnecessary for my purposes.

For the "Kobolds of Thornbury" quest, I bought a map on Roll20 called "Overgrown Forest and Swamp Dock" by Miscellanea Maps: https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/14190/overgrown-forest-slash-swamp-dock to use for the kobold raid, and for the ruined farmhouse where the kobolds get tracked to, I used a map from WotC's Tactical Maps Reincarnated, also available on Roll20 (again, I used dynamic lighting to excise the sections I didn't need).

For the "Memories of Brockendale" quest, I did an image capture of the map provided in the To Save a Kingdom PDF, put it in Roll20, and did the dynamic lighting, etc. I will note that the map itself has keys on it, but those keys don't correspond to anything in the adventure text.

Act 2

For "Down the Hatch", for Junog's hideout (an area where I took a lot of artistic license) I used a map called "Ruined Mansion at Night" from a Patreon I follow: Get more from RhasmusDnD on Patreon. I THINK that map is available for free if you just follow him.

For "Of the Big and the Small" I used two maps provided by Dscryb, who are sponsors of our actual play show. I used Shrine Entrance for the approach to Deephall Point, and Endless Dungeon level 21 for the interior of the Forbidden Shrine. You need a sub to get these maps I think: https://dscryb.com/

For "A Great Poison" I used another Dscryb map for Sheeltielle's lair, and more Dscryb maps for encounters in Underland during the journey under Greyfell forest trying to find the entrance to Feycastle for "Fey Queen's Army".

I'm now prepping Shadowhold and Feycastle, using Dscryb maps for both.

That's as far as I've gotten this far.

Also, some maps from the book are available in higher res here: Maps — World of Elissar

You can see how I used the maps in the YouTube version of our actual play:
The YouTube is a little behind the podcast in releasing episodes; as I write this the YouTube version has just started Act 2; the podcast is a couple of episode ahead.

Last edited:

Remove ads