• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Let us have a reckoning - pre-modern casual English

I find the contractions and 'saving syllables' part interesting - especially when he was talking about, "what is t' clock"

My first thought was we now say, "what time is it?" (What time is it Mr. Wolf?)

But as is shown the video, I often say, "What's the time?" Because it's shorter and rolls off the tongue faster/easier.

pukunui

Legend
I find the contractions and 'saving syllables' part interesting - especially when he was talking about, "what is t' clock"

My first thought was we now say, "what time is it?" (What time is it Mr. Wolf?)

But as is shown the video, I often say, "What's the time?" Because it's shorter and rolls off the tongue faster/easier.
I’ve always said “What’s the time, Mr Wolf?”

Stop trying to make fetch happen.
I think it was back in 2014, Magic: the Gathering players were yearning for Wizards of the Coast to reprint a cycle of cards called 'fetch lands' (you could use them to search for other lands in your deck, helping you get the right mana to cast your spells). Many people joked that the cards were too good and would never be reprinted. But the players kept asking.

Then the set Khans of Tarkir reprinted them! Victory! We had made fetch happen!

Richards

Legend
I got a smile out of an elderly lady in the swimming pool when she was showing off her new swimming suit, and I told her it looked "quite fetching." She said she couldn't remember the last time she'd heard that word used in that context.

So I guess, in that instance, I made "fetching" happen.

Johnathan

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
This one will NOT let you make fetch happen.
jm2hJNg.jpeg

Remove ads