• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E dndcombat.com retired, will stay down

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
One feature I’d love to see at some point is some different ai profiles selectable or adjustable by the user. Maybe a slider between guaranteed use of features vs efficient use of feature. Etc.

Thiscord

Villager
One feature I’d love to see at some point is some different ai profiles selectable or adjustable by the user. Maybe a slider between guaranteed use of features vs efficient use of feature. Etc.
Do you mean different AI "smartness" levels? Or just with respect to the how frugal the character is with resources?

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Do you mean different AI "smartness" levels? Or just with respect to the how frugal the character is with resources?
Smartness may be the wrong word. Priorities might be better.

Frugalness with resources is just one such example of such a priority that can impact the decision making. I imagine in the code you would add some frugalness variable that depend on user input with a set default.

But it could also be prefers damage, prefers buffs, preferred crowd control, etc.

Thiscord

Villager
Smartness may be the wrong word. Priorities might be better.

Frugalness with resources is just one such example of such a priority that can impact the decision making. I imagine in the code you would add some frugalness variable that depend on user input with a set default.

But it could also be prefers damage, prefers buffs, preferred crowd control, etc.
I was asking because a DM friend of mine asked for an option to make the characters dumber to better simulate his players :-D

Anyway, I imagine frugality wouldn't be too difficult to implement. I'd weigh all the decision branches by resources used.

The preference you mentioned could also be done. I'm putting it on the feature list (getting larger by minute :-D )
I really wonder how DnDCombat managed to do all the monsters and classes in such a short time. Mad respect.

Remove ads