• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General D&D memes thread discussion…

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Another forever GM and me (also a forever GM) a couple of years ago one of our players decided he was up for running. The newbie is kicking butt, in spite of his choice to run Hoard of the Dragon Queen. He's even run a couple of games in my indie RPG group, where everyone runs a 1 to 3-shot in rotation. But man he was really sweating it in advance of that first session. Maybe not quite Ron Weaseley level, but close...

Peasant Railgun is on my Top 10 List of Rules Bendings That Is Not Allowed.

Though seriously, no DM in their right mind would likely allow such a ... creative interpretation of the rules in the first place.
If you don't suddenly choose to ignore RAW right at the last step, a peasant railgun does 1d4 damage with a base range of 20ft. (It's just an improvised throw weapon)

You can, with enough hirelings, reload from the next kingdom in 6 seconds, though.

Orius

Legend
It's not simply the improvised thrown weapon bit, it's the whole silliness about lining up a zillion peasants and screwing around with the initiative rules and action economy to achieve nonsense.

Remove ads